You've Graduated. Now What?: 10 Steps to Stand Out and Get Hired in The New Economy
Published June, 2012
The founders of stuff4GREEKS wrote this guide book to help graduates navigate the rough waters of hunting for a job in the recovering economy. Companies are now more demanding and more particular than ever when choosing employees because they do not have extra dollars to waste on a bad hiring decision. As a result, the hiring process is tougher and the overall job market is much more competitive than in past years. At the time of this writing, 7.2% of college grads are either unemployed or under-employed.
"You've Graduated. Now What?" is a straight-up, not watered-down guide that was written by young entrepreneurs who went from sitting on one side of the interviewer's desk to sitting in the hiring manager's seat in just a short span of years. The authors share real-world experiences and give you the good, the bad, and the ugly about what it really takes to stand out from the crowd and land a good job.
In this book, you will take a raw, unfiltered look inside the mind of the hiring manager and learn:
- The secrets to getting your résumé noticed (not deleted!)
- How to leverage your resources to increase your chances of getting hired
- The biggest mistakes that people make when dressing for an interview
- Four things you should never say in an interview
- One thing you must do to guarantee you leave a good impression
- Creative ways to improve your work ethic and make sure you get hired quickly
- And much, much more
About the Authors: E. K. Allen and Monica Allen are the co-founders of APGG, a multi-brand creative services firm in Atlanta, Georgia. The APGG brands include stuff4GREEKS.com, a leading Internet retailer of custom fraternity and sorority apparel; Zeus’ Closet custom clothing stores; Monica Allen Interiors, and E. K. Allen Creative, a corporate image design studio with notable clients such as McDonalds and Tyler Perry.